Well...I figured it was time to join the blogging club. I love reading my friends blogs on their families and figured this was a great way to keep our friends and family up to date on our little family. To start off, it has been quite a busy two years for us. Let me sum it up for you and get you up to date:
James and I were married on March 27, 2008
Lily Marie Rego was born on April 26, 2008
6lbs 9oz 20 inches
And 19 months later...Ellia Rebecca Rego was born on November 30, 2009
6lbs 13oz 20.5 inches
We were also blessed with the arrival of Ellia's future BFF Sadie Jo Gervin. Sadie is the daughter of my best friends Brad and Becki, I like to call her "Cheeks".
Lily turned two this past April, we put a lot of hard work into her 2nd birthday party and threw her a Yo Gabba Gabba birthday, her favorite TV show.
After Lily's birthday we took the girls to Disneyland with Grandma Polk. I had my hesitations on taking two small children but it was a great trip, and we all had a blast!
My Pirates
Now it's summer time, Ellia is almost 7 months old (time flies by wayyyy tooo fast!) and we're enjoying the wonderful weather.
Lily and Daddy at the beach
Ellia and Sadie at Happy Hollow
On the home front things are good. We just celebrated James 32nd birthday. Ellia has been sleep training and is now sleeping in her crib and sleeping through the night, woo hoo! She also recently started sitting up on her own and eating "big girl food", big steps for her, which means crawling and walking are right around the corner, Mommy is not ready for that quite yet. Lily is doing amazing in her big girl bed, and loves laying in bed reading her books. On top of all those wonderful milestones we have definitely entered the "terrible twos", it gets very loud in our house in the evenings between a hyper two year old and a very vocal 6 month old...I am very grateful for bed time :)
That's us up to date! More posts to come with family updates and fun summer events, looking forward to sharing our memories with our close friends and family through the new blog.



I'm so glad you finally decided to start blogging! Great first entry.
ReplyDeleteLove it! I can't wait to read more!
ReplyDelete