Sissy eating her biscuits
Becki and Sadie
Lily and Colton playing in the pool
After the 4th we had Maddie's 2nd birthday party. It was at Cuesta Park in Mountain View, great park, lots of play area for the kids and Lily amazed myself and others with her ability to a. go down the biggest slide there and b. walk UP the slide the wrong way. I think this girl is destined to be some sort of athlete!
Big kid slide
Mmm...Calliou cupcakes
Then came Sunday, this was my first 10K. I decided four weeks prior to the race that I would sign up. I had started running a few days a week and needed something to motivate myself so a 10K seemed like the perfect motivation, something to push myself to train for and my good friend Ali from work signed up with me. Three weeks prior to the race I got sick and was unable to train as I had planned. Day of the race I was very nervous, I knew I could run the two miles for sure but 6.2 miles there was no way. We were lucky enough to run into my friend Andie before the race started and the three of us set off on our run. 4 1/2 miles went by before we even started to really walk and all in all we ran 5.5 miles out of 6.2! We ran across the finish line and it felt great! I had never been so exhausted in my life as I was that day but it was by far one of the biggest accomplishments I've had in a long time. My Dad was there to cheer me one as I crossed the finish line and snap some pictures.
Crossing the finish line
A lot of fun, I am very proud of myself, Ali and Andie, and I am ready to sign up for the next 10K...maybe even a half marathon one day!




I'm way proud of you! You're the most awesome person I know!
ReplyDelete