It was an amazing day and such a great feeling crossing that finish line. I probably won't do another one for a while but it's nice to know that I can :)
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Beat the Kenyans
Today I ran my first Half Marathon. It was one of the biggest accomplishments I've done in my life thus far (besides my children of course). I ran the SF Kaiser Half Marathon with the ladies that I run with every Sunday. Leading up to the race I was very very nervous. I hadn't felt like I had trained as much as I would have liked to since I was sick a good part of December but once we got to the race the excitement and adrenaline hit and it was a lot of fun. Until about mile 11. Those last few miles were rough! But, we finished and my Dad and James were on the finish line to cheer me on and take pictures as I crossed that long awaited finish line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good job my friend!!! I'm so proud of you!
ReplyDelete